The ASI294MC Pro is the first camera in the world equipped with the latest Sony sensor IMX294CJK. This is one of the top-selling cameras from ZWO. Looking at the specifications and comparing it to the relatively low price, it is easy to see why. Some of the highlights include:
- back-illuminated sensor – improving sensitivity and reducing noise
- 4/3” format with 4.63 um pixel size – ideal for many types of telescopes
- 14-bit ADC– giving high dynamic range of 13 stops
- An impressive 7ke- full well capacity- helping to reduce the issue of, for example, saturated stars.
- has a very high QE-value with a peak of over 75%. If you are looking for a small-format OSC camera for astrophotography, you can’t go wrong with the ASI294MC Pro.